More Than 175 Years of GOD’S FAITHFULNESS!
In 1838 ten individuals with a united desire to obediently follow Christ, to provide instruction in the Word of God, and to bring others to a saving knowledge of the Lord Jesus, founded Washington Baptist Church.
They conducted their first worship services in homes until 1841 when they purchased a little red school house on Market Street. Almost 50 years later they moved into the former Presbyterian Church on Waterford Street; it was replaced with a cement block structure in 1946 and renamed Edinboro Baptist Church. Later the congregation chose to be called the First Baptist Church of Edinboro, which moved in 1975 to a newly constructed house of worship on Route 99 North.
Not only has the church expanded physically, it has also grown in its commitment to Missions with a substantial portion of the operating budget supporting ministries and missionaries in the United States and abroad. Under the blessing of God and through the power of the Holy Spirit, First Baptist, affiliated with the General Association of Regular Baptist Churches, has ever stood for the fundamentals of the Christian Faith.